16 May 2010

This summer, I will...


READ :
My favorite part of every summer is having the chance to read anything I want to read. I start with a carefully selected stack every May and usually get 2/3 of the way through it by September.
  • Anna Karenina, because I just have to.
  • 50 short stories, one a day? two a day? either way the book will be finished by sept 1.
  • The Sun Also Rises, because last summer I quit reading it after a few pages, and I am no quitter.
  • Sentimental Education, and perhaps a re-reading of Madame Bovary seeing as I'll have to read it en français next semester.
  • Tender Is The Night, because it's not summer unless I read some Fitzgerald.
  • and perhaps some re-readings of Salinger, in memorium. When I was 16, I went on a binge and read everything he wrote at the prompting of a good friend/ teacher. If I read the books now it will be with new eyes, and I'm curious to see how that will go. (There's that damn curiosity again!)
Considerations for next summer: Jude The Obscure, The Brothers Karamazov, The French Lieutenant's Woman, more Barbara Kingsolver.

WATCH : my amazing nephew grow up little by little, tons of films, True Blood with friends every week.

MAKE : pear almond sticky buns, really good tabouli, new inventory for Etsy shop, creative items for D&B's wedding!

TAKE : black and white photographs, as many art workshops as possible.

SKETCH : consistently, like I used to.

FINISH : the never ending yoga blanket knitting project.

NOT : be sad that M. Ward is married (see ring in picture).

GO : to the beach, to work (full time! bleh!), to parties.

HAVE : fun, a gas, a ball, a grand ol' time.

SEE : the friends I rarely see.

LISTEN : to Adam Arcuragi's absolutely stunning album I Am Become Joy on repeat, literally. Download it and listen to it, or to anything by him for that matter. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Robby said...

I need to read Anna Karenina also. We can do it together!

Catherine said...

Wonderful!! It's a deal!