05 February 2010

Brilliant Green - Ovation TV



Do you ever have those days when you listen to the same song about 6 +/- 3 times at various points throughout the day?
Today's song: Simon and Garfunkel- I Am A Rock
"I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died/ If I never loved, I never would have cried"
Just the way he sings it... so bitter... I can't stop listening. (Especially, "I have my books and my poetry to protect me"... sometimes I'm scared at how much I can relate to the commonality of la tristesse in this life.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched a program called Brilliant Green on Ovation TV. This is totally the sort of television I relish in; the kind that is progressive and purposeful. (Guilty as charged: I do also watch Gossip Girl for fluff and Friday Night Lights for drama/ amazing acting/ breathtaking men... but this is a judgment free zone!)

Anywho, this program did a whole writeup on green architecture, design, business practices, art, and fashion. I'm happy to say that when I think of organic clothes I automatically think of Stewart & Brown. Probably because their tagline is "Organic Pioneers!" and I think that's really cute.

I've been a fan of the company for a good long while, but it seems recently that their style is becoming more streamlined and, for lack of better terms, frilly and pretty. In the best way possible, of course. It's been amazing to watch the evolution of a company. Their status is growing, and it makes me so pleased to see good, honest work rewarded.




I'll be the first to admit that I'm a total sucker for advertising. GOOD advertising. Ads with an ethical purpose, I suppose? In general, I like things that are aesthetically pleasing. I consider it extra credit if these things are earth-friendly as well. And I love extra credit.

Expect more about these guys in the future. Especially when the Summer '10 collection debuts...*yay*

No comments: