17 July 2010

I AM LOVE - IO SONO L'AMORE

I feel there is nothing quite like going to the movies by myself. I went to see I Am Love the week it came out. It was a long drive up to Cinema Arts in Huntington, and one of the hottest days of the summer. There was traffic. I won't bother trying to find words to brand this film and push it into a category, which would be neither fruitful nor accurate. But I do know that I felt true appreciation and utter jealousy that a person could make a film so well. Luca Guadagnino, I tip my hat to you.
A note, though: don't leave as soon as the end credits roll. Stick around until it's really over.


Appropriately from "Wisdom", the short film I posted the other day...

Love something. 
I think we've got to learn to love something deeply. I think it's love. 
It sounds sentimental as hell, but I really think it is.
Andrew Wyeth

No comments: