27 March 2010

Today's happy dance


Disclaimer: the following is an absurd run on sentence.

This is kind of what I looked like when, about two weeks ago, my brother's girlfriend called me at 10pm while I was walking right behind the Metropolitan Opera House on my way home from finally seeing Avatar, and announced, "Hey Cat, your brother wants to talk to you, let me put you on the phone with my FIANCÉ!"

Let's just say I've never made such a scene in public. Thank goodness the sidewalks were practically empty at that hour. After the screaming and jumping was over, Dan said, "So hop in a cab and come to Bar 6, we're all having drinks!" And literally, OUT OF A MOVIE, I stick up my hand and a cab pulls over. IMMEDIATELY. This may never happen to me again.

So I went downtown and had fun chatting, drinking, and munching with D&B's friends on a random Wednesday. This weekend the families are getting together for the first time to exchange gifts, talk about plans, and probably be very loud. (We're Italian and they're Jewish = hell yes). I'm so excited. Though I have immense amounts of work to do before I leave for Montreal (!!!!!!!) on Thursday, this good news is keeping me happy. It's a Snoopy-dancing-with-glee kind of happy. (Glee? Where?)

Also, today I bought a tin of tea from Harney & Sons. Green tea with Thai flavors?! Gah, yes please!

No comments: